Entering Purple Heart Patient Center
Welcome to the Purple Heart Patient Center online portal. If you are a first time patient read carefully, because there are a few things to know.
We have a few simple rules that are designed to ensure everyone’s safety at PHPC. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
1. Please turn off and put away cell phones before entering PHPC. Please also remove any Bluetooth devices and store them away.
2. Recording (audio or visual) devices of any kind are prohibited.
3. Covering your face, including wearing any masks or hoods, is prohibited. Please pull down your hoods so that your face is clearly visible.
4. Please leave any large bags such as duffel bags or backpacks with the security guard in the dispensary area.
5. Please do not place any bags or purses of any kind on the sales counter. If you have trouble holding or carrying your bag you can safely leave your bags with the security guard.
6. Re-sale of medicine is strictly prohibited.
7. Approaching or soliciting any patients or vendors on the premises, or as they enter or leave PHPC, is strictly prohibited.
Verifying Patients, First Time Patient Entry
Purple Heart Patient Center verifies physician recommendations Monday-Saturday until 7:30pm and Sunday until 6:30pm.
Patients with recommendations will need to have their recommendation verified each time it is renewed.
Verification of New Patients
- Purple Heart Patient Center only verifies patients with a valid doctor recommendation for medical cannabis, issued by a doctor licensed by the Medical Board of California. Recommendations must explicitly state that the doctor recommends medical cannabis for the patient, and must also include: the patient’s full name, the recommendation expiration date, the doctor’s full name, the doctor’s Medical Board of California license number, the doctor’s contact information for verification, and the doctor’s signature.
- Patients with a current government issued ID. We must verify your identity with government issued photo identification. A state issued ID from the DMV or a passport is acceptable. If you have an interim ID from the California DMV we can accept this if you also have a recently expired government issued photo ID.
- On your first visit to Purple Heart Patient Center you will be asked to present your medical cannabis recommendation letter and ID at the security window. You will be asked to take a seat while we verify your paperwork.
- Once you have been verified you will be called up to the security window, where the security professional will return your paperwork and also your PHPC Patient Status card. Present this card at the window on your next visit to bypass the verification process.
- Please keep your PHPC card and CA ID ready, because you will be asked to show them again at the purchasing counter.
How we verify your paperwork
- First we verify that your doctor is licensed to practice medicine in California, and isn’t under any restrictions from writing medical cannabis recommendations.
- Next we verify that your recommendation is current. Most doctors have a website on which we can verify your patient ID number. If your doctor doesn’t have online verification available, we can verify the status of your letter with the doctor’s office either over the phone or with a fax.
For more information you can contact the Oakland Patient ID Center at:
Tel: (510) 832-5346 Fax: (510) 986-0534
1733 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612-2105
P.O. Box 70401, Oakland, CA 94612-0401